Monday, September 27, 2010

Bloom's Taxonomy's Blooming Tree

I am in love with these image resources created by Kelly Tenkely of ilearntechnology.com.

Tenkely has created three different versions of Bloom's Taxonomy. Benjamin Bloom (1956) established the six levels of cognitive mastery, which is generally referred to as Bloom's Taxonomy. Bloom's Taxonomy divides cognitive objectives into subdivisions ranging from the simplest, remembering, to the most complex, creating.

She has the tree featured above, a pinwheel, and a peacock. Each image is a unique and colorful representation created in Pages, and is complete with accompanying digital resource links that correspond with digital resources!

This is a great way to expose students to higher order thinking and allow them to evaluate tasks.

Tenkely has a store where you can purchase these images for only $.99!


3 comments:

Devon Adams said...

Where do I get the poster that has the Web 2.0 logos on the tree, too??? That is the one I really want to show my admin. I just bought the set from the website but that isn't one of them. Can you help point me in the correct direction?????

Sara Crawford, Ed.D. said...

I'm working on finding out where it is. I originally got it straight from her post. I wasn't able to locate it on the site today :(. I'll let you know.

Sara Crawford, Ed.D. said...

And here's the link, from Kelly herself :) http://t.co/wAaVFep